Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I love the Harry Potter series more than anyone else in the world does.  From the very beginning of my reading journey, I have definitely related to Hermione Granger (no, not just because we both have frizzy brown hair).  Thank goodness the good people of the Potter films cast Emma Watson as Hermione.  From a very young age, she made sure Hermione stayed the amazing role model that she is {I'm sure I'll write a long post on the amazingness (yes that's now a word) that is Hermione someday} which I am very thankful for.  Now that she is all grown up, Emma is one of my most adored role models.  I love everything she stands for.  After reading this awesome interview that I highly suggest you read, I fell in love with Ms. Watson even more than I thought was possible.

Here are a few highlights:

1. She's the reason Perks happened.  The Perks of Being a Wallflower was a rejected script when it came into Emma's hands.  She was able to use her persuasion to make sure it was put into production (and thank goodness it happened, that movie is amazing).

2. She understands the perils and torture that is high school and general social awkwardness.  Although busy with the Potter films, Emma did attend a high school for quite some time.  In this interview she talks about how she sees how hard it is to fit in, and although she was Hermione Freaking Granger, the fame must have isolated her from her peers.

3. Writing and journals are her outlet. I am so thrilled to see that Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson keeps ten diaries at once just like me.  I keep one for writing things down that I observe, one for random thoughts, one for feelings, one for life events, one for dreams, one for sketches and paintings, one for more art, and one that I put random things in.  And the way Emma described how these journals help her is exactly how I feel.  We are connected.

4. Insecurity.  Insecurity is a recurring theme in the lives of everyone, seemingly particular teenage girls.  Emma talks about her insecurities as a person, not a celebrity.  The way she is so down to earth and how she admits to feeling unsure about herself is a refreshing thing to see in anyone, and so rare with someone so famous.

Yes, Emma Watson is my biggest girl crush.  She is just so beautiful, inside and out. It's nice to have this real life Hermione to look up to. <3 How can you not ADORE her?!


No comments:

Post a Comment