Monday, June 3, 2013

Drizzly Day Picks

Today is a rather drizzly day.
I rather adore the rain, which makes me an outcast in society.  There's something about it that I find comforting and appealing to me.  Today really isn't a proper rainy day, as there are dry intervals and spots of sunshine.  It's a drizzly day, not quite hot nor chilly, both wet and dry, and my moods tend to reflect that.
The following are drizzly day things:



1. Love Love Love -Of Monsters and Men
This song is just the perfect mix of folk and and pop music.  I love the twangy, organic instrumentals, and the eclectic voices in the track. The song's message is both bitter and sweet, not an angry song, although not praising.  I love love love it.


2. Old Audrey Hepburn Movies
Normally old movies are for proper rainy days, but this one can be for a drizzly one. On YouTube, I managed to track down the 1964 My Fair Lady, which is a musical starring the radiant Ms. Hepburn.  So far I am enjoying it, musical movies aren't generally my thing, but why not?  Also, I found the classic Roman Holiday.  Despite the rather depressing ending it's still a favorite

3. Stacy's Multigrain Pita Chips
These are so good.... enough said.... nom nom nom


4. Blogging
Blogging seems like a great activity for wettish days.  Look, I'm doing it right now.

5. Sherlock
Watching Sherlock is a fantastic activity for any weather. And when I'm not watching it, I'm listening to bits of it on the soundtrack . Go watch some Sherlock.  Benedict Cumberbatch can easily brighten up your day.

6. Books.... 
Right now I am in the middle of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern which is fabulous, and I am about a quarter through Stardust by the equally fantastic Neil Gaiman.  Reading is fun.


7. And an Umbrella!
Unexpected downpours can happen at any moment, so have an umbrella brought to you by Audrey, Emma, and Benny

 



1 comment:

  1. I knew I loved this song, but this version is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete