Monday, June 3, 2013

I HATE CAFFEINE

Caffeine is not my friend, as I have discovered.
Last night I could NOT FALL ASLEEP. I was jittery and my mind just would not stop bouncing around.  Normally I am asleep around 9:30, but I was up until at least 12.  Why???
My first idea was that it was because I had been staying up outrageously late the previous two nights.  That may have contributed, but it doesn't explain the jitttttterrrrriness. 
I am suffering from crew withdrawal a bit, and I haven't exercised in about a week, so possibly the energy came from that?
Then it hit me: I had tried iced tea.
I found some in the fridge, so I decided to drink a glass with dinner.  I generally never drink caffeine.  Coffee? Ew.  Soda? Bleh.  But iced tea tastes ok, so I have it every so often.  I guess I drank it too late in the evening so it managed to keep me wide awake for the next six hours.
Sigh. Sleep deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment