Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thoughts on Something

Have you ever just wondered about the love of your life? Where is he right now? How is he feeling? Have our paths crossed yet? When will they?
Has he ever wondered the same thing?
While I believe that people ultimately decide their own destinies, I do feel as though everyone has a match somewhere in this world.  Whatever their gender, age, background, etc, they do exist.

I am not a romance guru by any means (I'm sure at some point I shall relay some of my hilariously disastrous boy encounters, I can look back and laugh) and I manage to either scare off or make things painfully awkward around guys I could be potentially interested in.  So my theory is sort of comforting, the idea of someone perfectly imperfect
existing is such a nice thought.

Is that what love is? Loving a person's flaws? Or is it loving them despite their flaws?

Can we love them with their flaws, rather than in spite of them?

When we talk about romance, we want "someone right for me." Not just someone perfect, someone who is a match for you.  Plenty of perfectly nice people exist, but when finding a pair, we as humans want someone who fits you the way my favorite fleece does: snug, but with wiggle room, warm, comforting, and feels right to you.  Like a nice hug. (Good hugs are overlooked- snuggling is one of my favorite activities).

And I'm not quite sure why I wrote this post.  Maybe its the number of Ingrid Michaelson songs I've been listening to.  But anyways, this is a little post brought to you by My Brain.

So I believe my Mr. Right is sitting somewhere in the universe, waiting for me to find him.  I hope he has a lovely day, or night, whichever it is right now for him, because I have no clue where he is.




No comments:

Post a Comment