Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Letters to the Future

I've always been too impatient to keep a time capsule.  I want it to be a surprise when I finally open it, but if I stop thinking about it I'll surely forget.
Today I found the website http://www.futureme.org/, where you write an email to your future self.  A date is set where the email will be sent to you.  I wrote one that will be sent to me near the end of my senior year of high school (random: for some reason I just typed fish school), so that will be fun to receive later on.

One of the things I love about journaling is that later on, I am able to go back and see what I was thinking about on a certain day (although my sixth grade entries are rather painful to read....) However, it can seem sort of pointless at times.  When writing in it, sometimes I feel like I'm writing a letter to nobody, which feels strange.

On tumblr, blogs like lettertocharlie.tumblr.com/ offer a place for people to write anonymous letters to Charlie, the protagonist in the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.  I find it interesting to look through these and see what people are going through and thinking about.

Blogging is a fun way to share opinions and such with whoever bothers to read it! It's not a total safe haven like my journals, although I feel like I'm putting something into the world that wasn't there before.  




No comments:

Post a Comment