Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer....

FINALLY school is done.  I am now successfully one year closer to escaping the prison walls surrounding high school.  YAY.
How have I been spending my first few days of freedom? A fair bit was spent brainstorming what to do for the rest of the summer. I really do enjoy creating lists. Also, I got a new notebook and it is beautiful and blank and just waiting for me to begin writing in it.  New journals are so exciting, they are just canvases waiting for you to splash fragments of your mind upon.
In other random news, I have seriously committed to my relationship with The Complete Sherlock Holmes.  We are spending a lot of time together and we make  very happy coupling.  Summer is so nice because I can read all I want (which is basically nonstop).  This summer I definitely want to read a bunch of classics, I have a running list of the ones I want to tackle when I finish Sherlock Holmes.
I am in the process of trying to perform the miracle that is transforming my ungainly, sluggish gait into that of a girl who can compete in cross country races.  I'm up to three miles a day and slowly bettering myself.  Running is a surprisingly nice mental outlet for me, and although it is rather sweaty and uncomfortable, I am enjoying it!

Hope all of your summers are off to a lovely start! x


1 comment: